Jobs & Opportunities
Join Our Team
Theatre Gargantua seeks a General Manager to partner with the artistic leadership to fulfill the artistic vision of the company. This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, dynamic arts professional to work with one of Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary companies, embarking on a new stage in its evolution.
This is a full time salaried position. Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Theatre Gargantua
Theatre Gargantua is one of Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary theatre companies. Since 1992, the company has used its distinctive development process to create and present award-winning physical theatre under the direction of founder Jacquie P.A. Thomas. For details, go here: http://theatregargantua.ca/about-theatre-gargantua/
As General Manager, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- manage financial and human resources, contract artistic and administration personnel
- manage the company’s financial affairs (production, project and general budgets) and work with our part-time bookkeeper
- collaborate with other theatre companies to deliver an ambitious new project
- identify funding opportunities, prepare grant applications and manage the relationship with individual, government, and corporate donors
- represent the company within the arts community, by attending conferences, community events, and performances
- direct all marketing, including content creation for our website and social media, for events and productions
- produce all Mainstage and SideStream productions
- attend and report at board and committee meetings and record and distribute minutes
- degree or diploma in a relevant area, or equivalent experience
- at least three years of professional theatre producing and/or management experience
- excellent project and staff management skills
- exceptional grant writing skills with proven results
- comprehensive experience with office applications, accounting software, CRM software, and social media platforms
- fluent in written and spoken English
- thrive on being very detail oriented and can manage critical paths, create timelines, maintain schedules, track/document materials.
- have excellent writing, communication and advocacy skills
- are a resourceful and creative thinker with outstanding problem-solving skills
- adapt easily to new environments
- exhibit stamina and a strong work ethic, and have the flexibility to deal with unpredictable pressures and constant flow of work activity
- possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to inspire a wide variety of stakeholders
- demonstrate some experience in fundraising campaigns and identifying new sources of income
- excel in building connections
- have a positive can-do attitude
- results oriented personality with the ability to work independently or in a team to balance multiple priorities
- knowledge of Photoshop and other design programs
- passion for creating original work
- fluent in French
Submission deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The committee will review applications as they arrive.
Please email your cover letter and resume in one pdf file that uses your name as its file name: Firstname Surname.pdf. Email it to our Board President, David McOuat, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are considered confidential. Theatre Gargantua is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and are free from all forms of discriminatory treatment, behaviour or practice. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals.
Share your talents by Volunteering
We are grateful to have the support of a dedicated group of volunteers who help our programs run smoothly.
Volunteer opportunities may include helping to prepare marketing campaigns and promotional material, or contributing your professional skills and experience as one of our board members.
Interested in getting involved? Email us at email@example.com.