Student Matinee Performances
Engaging, Educational, Contemporary
Student Matinees Nov 1 – 17
25th Anniversary Production
Sometimes a single image can change the world.
A photographer captures a critical moment, never expecting the personal and global impact it generates. Four people, one iconic image, a billion shares.
Reflector is inspired by images that blaze humanity into acts of courage, generosity and understanding.
It is about tricks of the eye and how images and information can be framed and manipulated. It is about the shared image and what makes certain ones stand out in a world of 2.5 billion cameras.
With large scale projections, music, choreography and spoken-word-inspired text this original performance will challenge and inspire your class!
Book now tickets only $17
(no HST or booking fees)
“If there is any modern theatre that has relevance for young people, this is it!” The Toronto Star
* Photos by Michael Cooper
*no HST on ticket sales, credit card fees apply (processed by PayPal)
“What a remarkable show! Wow! Am I ever glad that I could bring my junior students to this show. I wish the cast could have been a fly on the wall listening to the students unpacking the ideas, images, symbolisms, etc. Congrats to you and your company for making a show which feeds big imagination and unleashes the power of critical thinking and big questions, and…so so much more! What amazing work! You have inspired my students.” – C. Boutilier, Drama Teacher, North Toronto CI, Toronto District School Board (re: Avaricious)
To bring students and educators into our creative process we offer:
- Q&A sessions with our artists after every student matinee performance
- Comprehensive study guide for each production
- Post-Show workshops at the theatre*
- In-School workshops our professional artists come directly to your classroom
* These workshops are perfect for groups of up to 25. Students explore physical theatre, voice, and text, and get the opportunity to learn from our experienced multi-disciplinary artists.